Our Mission Is to Provide a Professional & Honest Approach to your education.
RN to BSN Curriculum
|RN to BSN Program||Curriculum Plan|
|Course No. & Course Title||Hours||Clinical/Preceptorship||Credit Hours|
|Eng325: Writing for Publication in Nursing||48||3|
|Hum 335: Transcultural Diversity||64||4|
|N 350: Health Promotions Across Lifespan||80||5|
|Mgmt365: The Adult Learner||48||3|
|N 380: Informative Action and Theory Transition||64||4|
|N 390: Nutrition and Human Metabolism||80||5|
|N 400: Concept of Critical Thinking||48||3|
|N 410: Religion in Healthcare||64||4|
|N 420: Community and Global Health||80||5|
|N 430: Contemporary Nursing||48||3|
|N 435: Evidence Based Practice Research||64||4|
|N 440: Concepts of Case Management||80||5|
|N 450: Community Practicum*||16||96||3|
|N 460: Holistic Nursing Capstone||64||4|
|N 470: Leadership and Management*||48||96||5|
|Total||896 Hrs||192Hrs||60 Credit Hours|
Theory Hours (1=1 Clock Hr )Clinical/Preceptorship Hrs (1=3 Clock Hrs)
Requirement for RN to BSN Program:
Medical Allied Career Center will provide the other 60 credit hours upper level division courses of the 120 credit hours required to earn the baccalaureate degree in nursing to fulfill the ABHES requirement under Standard VI.C.6.a,at a minimum 120 credit hours will be required in order for students to earn the baccalaureate degree in nursing.
Documents needed to enroll in the program:
- Current and active RN license to practice nursing.
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale from the official transcript of the Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Copy of AssociatesDegree in Nursing.
- Complete the required online orientation live video conference before enrolling in the first nursing course if enrolled as an online student.
- All students must complete the program orientation module prior to beginning the program.
- Show proof of legal residence in the United States.
All students enrolled in the RN-BSN program must enroll in the community practicum and the leadership and management course before they can graduate. The instructors responsible for these courses and the program coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that students in every location complete their practicum with their selected preceptor. The instructor will communicate with preceptors and students via email and phone call. The following are some of the expectations and criteria for these two practicum courses:
- Online students must select their clinical sites and mentor (preceptor) prior to the beginning of the program and receive approval from the school.(Approval process takes time, students who plan to have their preceptorship in their place of work will need to ask their Education Department if it will be allowed. Although, the practicum will not be until the last semester of the RN to BSN Program the school’s policy is to have the preceptorship to be formally in place to ensure students’ success in the program.)
- Community Practicum requires 96 hours of preceptorship(This Community Practicum preceptorship will satisfy the CA Board of Registered of Nursing’s Public Health Certification requirement upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
- Leadership and Management requires 96 hours of preceptorship(Graduates of our RN to BSN Program are being prepared to become leaders in their field. This preceptorship will expose our students in a professional setting observing, learning and participating in a leadership role in healthcare.
- Prior to start of the semester containing the two subjects with preceptorship, students must submit the scheduled hours approved by their employer to be verified by the school and upo completion of verification to be approved by the school.
(The schedule must be submitted with the preceptor’s resume and contact information in order to receive feedbacks and evaluation form from the mentor and submit copy of active nursing license of preceptor.)
Please call for the Class Schedule